Tall Guy, Small Town: An ALT in Tokushima-ken

My life as an ALT with the JET Programme living and working in Mino-cho, Miyoshi-shi, Tokushima-ken.


My Photos

Thursday, August 31, 2006

YUKINO!!!

I have a kitten!!! She is incredibly tiny and her name is Yukino.
Someone left a box of kittens on the steps of city hall, so I had my pick of one to save from certain death and to love unconditionally :p
She's cute, but her teeth and hella sharp and she cries like a banshee.


I went to two concerts this week as well. Sunday was MONSTER baSH in Kagawa-ken (think Edgefest, only very Japanese). It was amazing and I heard some bands I didn't know before (re. Beat Crusaders, Shonen no Kaze). I met some cool new Japanese people too, and had ample opportunities to practice my speaking. Wednesday night was the Utada Hikaru concert in Matsuyama-shi, Ehime-ken. The city is HUGE (either that, or I've just been in the countryside for too long...) and the concert was killer. Utada's voice was great, and her outfits were too Jpop cool for school. She even sang my favorite song by her, "Devil Inside". Check her out on YouTube if you haven't heard her before.

Annnnnnnd school opened this week, so I've been making the junior high and elementary circuit to present a makeshift Japanese and English introduction speach (my name is, I'm from Canada...). Classes begin on Monday, scary stuff, but I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home