Tall Guy, Small Town: An ALT in Tokushima-ken

My life as an ALT with the JET Programme living and working in Mino-cho, Miyoshi-shi, Tokushima-ken.


My Photos

Saturday, December 02, 2006

November is pretty.... pretty NICE ! ha ha ah ah oh boy

November.... so much in so little time

aside from the Tokyo bitterness...

This has been a month of poverty, pleasure and PRESENTS!!!!

I've almost finished paying off my car, which has been sucking up alot of my money. December will be the last payment. OSAP payments kick into effect this month, but they're much lower than those on the car. Ahh OSAP, I will finally feel your cruel burn which I've heard so much about.

At the start of the month I was in an art show in Kamiyama from Nov 8th to 12th as part of KAIR (Kamiyama Artist in Residence). I was invited to participate by Chalice and Joe, two other alts who are artists. My showing was small, and relatively mediocre due to limited time and resources (I know.. excuses excuses) but I've already started preparing things to show in the spring, and I have no excuse for not making mind-blowing works by then. Regardless, the show was a lot of fun, had a great turn out, and it was a great chance to go see Kamiyama, a small town nestled in the mountains. On the way home from installing my pieces on the 8th, Julie and I stopped in a deserted spot, layed out on the hood of the car, drank chocolate milk and looked at the stars. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was breathtaking, with the dark sillouhettes of mountains all around a twinkling lights in the huge night sky. Sugoi.


... and i'm heading home for the day.. more on tuesday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hardly comment, but I browsed some of the remarks here "November is pretty.... pretty NICE ! ha ha ah ah oh boy".
I do have 2 questions for you if you don't mind. Is it only me or do a few of these responses look like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting at additional places, I would like to keep up with you. Could you make a list of all of all your public sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Also visit my website: コーチ長財布

11:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home