Tall Guy, Small Town: An ALT in Tokushima-ken

My life as an ALT with the JET Programme living and working in Mino-cho, Miyoshi-shi, Tokushima-ken.


My Photos

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

東京ディズニーランドとディズニーシー


... 2 days of 100% pure joy. (May 14th - 16th 2009)
Booked through Fujiyama Travel in Awa-Ikeda, I embarked on a solo magical adventure of childhood innocence to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea in mid-May. I had the good sense to plan on a Friday and a Saturday, in hopes of avoiding crowds, and it worked in my favour. Friday at Disneyland was far from busy, with loads of schoolgroups but lacking in lineups. I also made it 1 week before the Mickey Mouse Revue closed it's doors forever to be replaced with a new attraction.
I had the chance to ride everything once, and some attractions twice, except for the new Monster's Inc. ride which had ridiculous lines all day and night and Space Mountain which was under renovations. I felt like I was back in the 1st grade on Snow White's Adventures, didn't cry in the Haunted Mansion this time but LOVED it, and laughed and giggled through the amazing Pooh's Hunny Hunt (possibly one of the best rides ever). Meals at the Blue Bayou Restaurant and the Queen of Hearts Banquet hall were reasonable and delicious. 14 hours later, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
DisneySea was another experience entirely. Now on a weekend, I was greeted to hordes of people first thing in the morning. Not a big deal really, and the gateway to the park accommodates the masses well. DisneySea was a whole new world to me. The Mysterious Island was amazing developed, and the rides in it equally astounding. Journey to the Centre of the earth really blew me away, even in line, with the attention to detail, and then on the ride with the shocks, twists and drops.
The Mermaid Lagoon and Arabian Coast were picture perfect, and the Sinbad ride was a pleasant surprise that, due to no line-up early in the day, I rode through twice.
Then something magical happened. While entering the lines for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits I saw the single rider line. Single rider? That's me! A two hour wait was reduced to, for Raging Spirits, 5 minutes, and for Indy I walked right down and on. It pays to travel alone sometimes... thank you Disney Sea! And the Tower of Terror, my last attraction before dashing out to catch my flight, had me screaming like a little girl, or so I thought, but was proven wrong by the little 9 year old girl beside me who wasn't screaming but laughing at me screaming... ^_T Due to time, I couldn't explore the Mediterranean Harbor, but have an excuse to go back someday now.
I had a blast at both parks, but Disneyland really brought a day-long smile to my face. Great times at good prices, and an easy flight from Takamatsu to Haneda.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still in Miyoshi?

8:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp consolidation loans
consolidate debt

8:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home